Thursday, April 3, 2014

For better or For Worse …. CSC148 has come to an end

Time has passed by so quickly, the last CSC148 lecture is now over and in two short weeks we will have our CSC148 exam. Truthfully I felt like this semester went by too quickly. At times I look back on CSC148 and wonder what I have learned, if feels like I haven’t learnt a thing.  I feel that I think this way since all of the techniques we have learned in CSC148 are so ingrained with my coding that I don’t consider it “new material”.

Take recursion for example. I feel like I’ve been coding with recursion since the very first day I started coding. However that is not the case. It is just that every function, every class and basically every assignment in CSC148 required recursion. Due to this, I sometimes feel that without recursion, my code is not complete. In a way having all these CSC148 techniques ingrained in me is a good thing. This is since, it allows for my studying to go a lot smoother due to my familiarity of the material.

Now all that is left is the final exam. I really don’t know what to say about the final exam. I guess all I can say is for you to carefully read over your questions and understand what you are coding. Also, if you get stuck look for resources online , or reach out to Dan or the TA’s for help. 





Don’t get frustrated and give up!

 (on the left is a picture of a bunny covering his face)




While reading over a few slogs, I found one of my fellowCSC148 classmates referenced a certain site more than once. After looking thorough the site I found it  is a great place to review course material. It provides definitions and explanations as to what the different things are. For example, the site defines recursion and breaks it down so for those who do not understand it, it is easy to learn and grasp the concept. Take a look at this site, it may be helpful when you are studying. This site also goes over Stacks, Queues, Recursion, Sorting and Tress.

Another helpful site that you can visit is out very own TABryan’s website. He has CSC108 review and also some recursion. Here’s the linkto some helpful study tips.



This blog was really fun and I enjoyed updating it and also reading other peoples blog. On that note, I wish you all the best and Good Luck on all of your Exams !

(on the right is an animated picture of two girls studying, and at the bottom of it is the caption " Exams, Sometimes You Need a Friend to Get Through Studying")




No comments:

Post a Comment